Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 2 of the job search -- a documentation:

Dreaming about being hired at Anthropologie, I awoke in a fury to find work -- any work that is.  After toying with the idea of acting and modeling for about five minutes (sketchy websites and the realization that I have little in common with Kate Moss made me quickly reject Michelle's idea of modeling.)  I then proceeded to look into basic jobs: a receptionist at a hair place, a pilates instructor (this could be a problem seeing that I don't know how to teach pilates), perhaps waitressing at The Yardhouse?  Soon I was calling up local cities, only to be told that every city they knew of was on a hiring freeze.  I sent out roughly five resumes to marketing firms that I found on monster.com, then proceeded to convince a woman that despite my lack of education in early childhood development, a liberal arts degree was basically the same (she argued that I was wrong -- how dare she). 

Push and pull, time passed and soon I had an interview at a marketing firm and a preschool.

Marketing is basically the same as journalism, right?  Preschool teaching ... I mean who doesn't like little kids? 

We'll see.

No comments: